1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
5 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
3 jalapenos (seeded and thinly sliced, divided)
3-5 Patties of HomeBurgers or Nature Burgers
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups fresh basil leaves
2 scallions (thinly sliced)
3 Tablespoons lime juice (fresh squeezed)
1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 1/2 Tablespoons fish sauce
1 1/4 teaspoons brown sugar
Salt and pepper
Lime wedges (for serving)
Rice (for serving)
1. Take out the HomeBurger or Nature Burger patties and de thaw the patties, mush them up in a separate bowl
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet or wok over high heat. Add garlic and half the jalapenos and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the patties from the bowl. Cook, breaking up with spoon and pressing firmly to help brown, until fully cooked and crispy, about 8-10 minutes. Add broth and basil leaves. Cook until basil has wilted, about 2 minutes.
4. In a small bowl combine lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, and brown sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves, then add it to the beef mixture and toss to combine.
5. Serve beef over rice, topped with scallions and remaining jalapeno. Garnish with additional lime wedges on the side.