HomeBurger Stuffed Poblano
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound (453 grams) HomeBurger or Nature Burger meat
- 1 small or 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1 cup (173 grams) frozen corn
- 4 tablespoons salsa verde
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cilantro chopped
- 2 poblano peppers, cut in half and seeds removed (if your peppers are smaller you may need 4)
- 2 cups (125 grams) Monterey jack cheese, grated
- Preheat outdoor grill on high. When very hot, place a cast iron or heavy skillet on the grill and add vegetable oil. Add beef and cook until starts to brown then add the onions and cook until they soften.
- While the beef and onions are cooking, place the peppers, cut side down on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Stir in the garlic, salt, chili powder and corn to the beef and onions, cook for 2 minutes then add the salsa verde and 2 tablespoons cilantro, mix well to combine.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the cooked beef mixture and top with Monterey jack cheese.
- Place the peppers back to the grill, skin-side down and cook until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm top with the remaining teaspoon of cilantro with your favorite sides.