- 2 Patties of either Licks HomeBurgers or Nature Burgers
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 8 street taco size flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded colby jack cheese (sub favorite dairy-free cheese to make plant-based)
- ¼ cup tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup avocado, smashed
- ½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ¼ cup crema, for garnish
- 1 lime
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Heat a large non-stick or cast iron pan over medium-high heat and place down four tortillas. Sprinkle each equally with shredded cheese, tomatoes, onions, jalapeno and more cheese. Place the other 4 tortillas on top. Flip when the cheese has begun to melt and the bottom tortilla is browned and crispy. Finish cooking on the other side and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the avocado with the lime juice and salt to taste, set aside.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Season the Licks patties with the chipotle powder, cumin and salt to taste. Grill 4 minutes on each side.
- To build the Quesadilla Burger, lay down one of the quesadillas, top it with a heaping spoon of the smashed avocado, then the Lick's patty, shredded lettuce, a drizzle of crema and a second quesadilla. Enjoy!